Google Shadow .. when I first heard about this new product I thought to myself, “Chris X and his team are up to it again.” Yes these are the same guys behind products like Affiliate X, DJK, Google Assassin, Google Nemesis.. and their most recent release which again piggy-backs on the almighty big G of search engines, Google Shadow.
I am going to run you through a few things about the product that you might already know, but will tell you a bit more that you will probably not find mentioned a lot in all those Google Shadow review sites.
Here is what everyone is telling you about Google Shadow.
- Google Shadow is about an affiliate marketer’s strategy to bank over 100k every month through affiliate sales
- Google Shadow is a pay per click direct linking strategy (remember Google Cash?) wherein you put up ads on AdWords that directly link to a sales page of a product you are promoting as an affiliate
- Google Shadow comes with a pdf guide
- Google Shadow also comes with a piece of software that automates the process of creating campaigns and ad groups
- Google Shadow works, and Chris shows all these gazillion ClickBank accounts to reinforce his authority and that you should take his word for it..
What you may not know about Google Shadow.
- The Google Shadow is a real live person who is indeed at this level of success and is living proof of the affiliate marketing lifestyle, his name.. Tim Houston
- Tim lives in the bar area (close to where I am)
- Tim has been doing affiliate marketing since 2001 and of course did not get to 100k per month overnight, it took years
Let us talk about Tim’s (Google Shadow) PPC Strategy
- Speed is the name of the game, he first finds affiliate programs and products, then signs up
- Creates a test campaign, using a handful of close knit keywords, with a test budget of around $25-$30
- He starts bidding high, to get his ads noticed or in preferred positions
- He does several of these tests and drops the ones that are duds, and keeps the ones that perform
Affiliate marketers who use PPC are at a debate at which strategy works better, linking directly to a sales page OR sending our PPC traffic to your squeeze page or review page. This debate has raged on for so long and it really is funny, sometimes I think this is staged for the purpose of getting people to buy whatever products they promote.
Well, the answer to that is actually.. these methods both do work and server a purpose.
Here is how it goes…
- First, you test markets and test products using PPC direct linking, you have to do this quickly to mine those profitable keywords/products
- You get rid of the losers, and you develop the winners
By developing the winners, I mean to say, this is when you start building a review page, spending time and effort on a product that you already know will convert. You will just be wasting all that time and effort putting up a review page for a product that you are not sure would convert.
Why spend one hour building an hour on a review site, when in that same hour you can create hundreds of test campaigns with Google Shadow. When you find the winners, that is where you focus your efforts on.
And one last thing, Tim Houston is hardly in the IM or make money online niches, and while he is indeed in the big affiliate programs like ClickBank or CJ, a lot of the niches he profits from are actually independent affiliate programs run by the product owners themselves.
Here is an interview with the Google Shadow himself… to listen to the interview click the blue button below.